Department of European Funds
Batorego 5 Str., 02-591 Warsaw Poland
+48 22 601 42 48 +48 22 601 41 74
Important – SPECIFIC ACTIONS – Extended deadline for project submission
On 6 June 2014, a meeting regarding the new financial perspective, including the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund, was held in Brussels. Representatives of the European Commission provided national experts with information about proposals submitted for funding under SPECIFIC ACTIONS.
By the end of the month, applicants can correct the submitted proposals, and therefore those who have already submitted their applications can reconsider them in the light of comments of the European Commission, correct and resubmit them.
New proposals can also be submitted.
In both cases, it is advisable to read the comments below and examine the proposed action, taking into account the following:
- the European Commission emphasized the fact that funding should be applied by those who have drawn up proposals for innovative actions promoting new approaches, rather than proposals for the continuation of activities that are already being implemented;
- the European Commission expects proposals for actions, rather than projects; it is very important to indicate the results expected following the implementation of an action – its impact and purpose;
- questions in the template should be answered meticulously;
- some of the activities exceed the scope of activities to which financing can be granted, listed in Annex 2 of the AMIF (attached);
- activities with an external dimension and activities in third countries should outline their broad impact, e.g. the reintegration aspect;
- the European Commission emphasized that actions that will be selected for financing must have a high added value for the European Union;
- the budget – it should be verified whether the total budget for the activity (100%) or only the part subject to co–financing (up to 90%) has been specified; this information must be provided in the application; it is most important to clarify what the indicated amount includes – it should not be a detailed list of specific expenses, but concise information on the amount of expenditure; only key elements can be specified;
- attention should be paid to the implementation method indicated in the application – not all applications clearly indicate the ultimate beneficiary and the entity implementing the action;
- in the case of cross–border projects, the participation of other Member States is very important; the action must not be described as open – at this stage, participating countries must be specified and a description must be provided along with the information on actions that are to be implemented;
- duration – the European Commission has suggested to reconsider whether actions starting in 2014 are feasible taking into account the schedule of work related to the acceptance of individual documents (more information on the work schedule is provided in the part containing general information on AMIF).
If you are interested in amending an application form that you have already submitted, please send a signed and scanned copy of the application at email@example.com by 27 June 2014 and a hard copy of the document to the following address:
Departament Współpracy Międzynarodowej i Funduszy Europejskich (Department of International Cooperation and European Funds)
Ministerstwo Spraw Wewnętrznych (Ministry of the Interior)
ul. Batorego 5
If you are interested in submitting a new proposal, please complete the attached application form and send a signed and scanned copy of the application at firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 June 2014 and a hard copy of the document to the following address:
Departament Współpracy Międzynarodowej i Funduszy Europejskich
Ministerstwo Spraw Wewnętrznych
ul. Batorego 5
The submitted proposals shall be analysed by the Department of International Cooperation and European Funds of the Ministry of the Interior, and later – in June – forwarded to the European Commission, which plans to complete their evaluation in September 2014. Selected projects shall be included in the National Program and finally approved together with the latter.
REGULATION (EU) No 516/2014 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 16 April 2014 establishing the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (pdf)
Frequently Asked Questions about Asylium, Migration and Integration Fund (xls)
Call for proposals for specific actions under the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (doc) (docx)